Man burned in propane fire near Bancroft hospital

A man was injured in a propane fire at the rear of the Bancroft Hospital Feb. 26

Here’s the press release from Bancroft OPP:

(Bancroft, ON.) – In the late afternoon of Thursday the 26th of February 2009 Officers from the Bancroft detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police, the Bancroft Fire department and Hastings County Ambulance responded to the report of a propane tank fire at Manor Lane in the Town of Bancroft.

Once the propane supply was shut off the fire extinguished itself. Investigation revealed that an employee of a propane company was called to investigate a propane leak and while there a fire ensued.

No evacuation of Hastings Centennial Manor or Quinte Healthcare North Hastings was required.

The 46 year old male employee of the propane company was transported to Quinte Healthcare North Hastings in Bancroft with undetermined injuries and was subsequently transferred to Kingston General Hospital.

The Ministry of Labour, Technical Standards and Safety Authority ( T..S.S.A.) and the Office of the Fire Marshal have been in relation to the incident and will be investigating the scene.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.