COE HILL – Ice was out of Wollaston Lake as of the Easter weekend, April 22-25, 2011.
There was still some ice on hidden in wooded areas out of the sun — and along the multi-use trail east of the village — but spring weather seems to have finally arrived to stay for 2011.
Forecasters at www.weathernetwork.com predict normal spring temperatures for Ontario, but more rain than usual.
With seasonal residents of Northern Hastings County gearing up for a return to their cottages, here’s a few handy internet links to help make opening day run smoothly:
- Saugeen Cottagers Organization: www.scoi.ca
- Cottagemaina.ca tips are here: www.cottagemania.ca
- Canadian Automobile Association South Central Ontario cares about cottages because it also sells property insurance: www.caasco.com
- www.suite101.com recommends seasonal property owners create a “cottage manual” to keep all information about the building at hand, including emergency information: see suggestions here www.suite101.com
- Cottage Life Magazine offers checklist to download and print off for opening day: www.cottagelife.com
- And while not intending to put a chill on your summer, here’s a cottage shut-down checklist for fall: www.emcottawaeast.ca