SEARCH WARRANT EXECUTED IN BANCROFT
On the 17th of November 2009 Members of The Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit, Drug Enforcement Unit, Tactical Response Unit and members the Bancroft OPP Detachment attended 62 Sprucedale Street in the Village of Cardiff to execute a Criminal Code Search Warrant.
The accused Mark ROBBINS and an adult female were located inside the residence along with 2 young children.
Mark ROBBINS was arrested and charged with:
- Production of a Controlled Substance (Marihuana)(Cannabis Resin) CDSA 7(1) x 2
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm CC 91 (1) x 2
- Possession of Weapon Obtained by Commission of Offence CC 96 (1)
- Possession Contrary to Order CC 117.01 (1) x 3
- Careless Storage of a Firearm CC 86 (1) x 2
ROBBINS was transported to the Bancroft OPP Detachment. A search of the residence revealed 2 shotguns, 1 rifle, 2 longbows, ammunition and a small indoor marihuana growing operation in the basement which included a cannabis resin production area. Further investigation revealed another shotgun which was located in the trunk of a car in Peterborough. The investigation is ongoing.
ROBBINS was held for a bail hearing on the 17th of November 2009.
— Bancroft OPP press release